ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/PAYROLL ASSISTANT - TEMPORARY (PCN 834)
South Peninsula Hospital/South Peninsula Hospital/GENERAL ACCOUNTING
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Assistant assists the Controller and Financial Analysts with the record keeping duties associated with maintaining the financial records for the facility
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The position Accounts Payable/Payroll Assistantrequires the incumbent possess the minimum of a high school education and exceptional computational skills. This individual should possess such general office skills as typing, adding machine by touch, and copy machine operation. This individual should be comfortable with personal computers and personal computer software, such as Excel and Word, in order to prepare miscellaneous accounting reports and maintain existing accounting files. This position must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, maintain confidentiality and be able to perform work with attention to detail.
- Assist with general accounting duties when assigned.
- Assist in preparing check requests to process payments and obtain proper approval as required for payment.
- May be asked to prepare accounts payable batches for the controller to review and sign off on.
- Obtain W-9 from new vendors, send sales tax exemption cards to vendors.
- Maintain employee travel records.
- Assist in reviewing and investigating outstanding items on vendor statements.
- Maintain General Accounting’s petty cash.
- Maintains records, procedures, reports and files in a neat orderly manner for ease of information retrieval through hard copy or scanned file.
- Process patient accounting refunds timely
- Assist with payroll scanning, projects, errands.
- Special projects as requested by the Controller.
- Scan and index all check packets, W-9s, and accounting reports into computer software.
- Maybe asked to open and process daily mail addressed to accounts payable.
- Preform the shredding duties of general accounting documents when needed.
- Visit mail room twice daily for pick-up and delivery of inter office mail.
The SouthPeninsulaHospitalis a 22 bed acute care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. Attached to this facility is a 28 bed Long Term Care residential facility. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Assistantassists the Controller and Financial Analysts with facility accounting functions. The working environment is generally pleasant and sedentary. Working hours may fluctuate.