EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT PHYSICIAN
South Peninsula Hospital/South Peninsula Hospital/EMERGENCY/OUTPATIENT SERVICES
Monitor the care of all patients in the ED even after a specialist is consulted, until such time as the patient is taken to Acute Care, ICU, and Surgery or is transferred to another facility. The physician shall assume all responsibilities of membership on the Active Medical Staff, including emergency call in accordance with EMTALA guidelines in regards to the care of unassigned patients.
POSITION DESCRIPTION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
- Physician shall participate in Hospital’s risk management, continuing medical education, quality assurance, utilization review, peer review, and other programs conducted by the Hospital as required by Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Physician may provide recommendations and suggestions to the Hospital on how to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness at the Emergency Department and in connection with the delivery of clinical services in the Emergency Department.
- Physician shall assist in assessing Hospital proficiency in providing care and services in the Emergency Department.
- Physician shall assist in drafting policy and procedures relating to clinical standards in the Emergency Department.
Financial and Data Management
- Physician will sign allocation agreement on a yearly basis for cost report purposes prepared by the Accounting Department. This allocation agreement documents the percentage of time spent available and in administrative duties versus seeing patients. Physician will cooperate in time studies to support this endeavor.
- In accordance with Hospital policy, records shall be completed in a timely manner, acceptable for professional standards of practice.
- Physician shall consult with and assist the Hospital with respect to budgetary matters involving the Emergency Department and the delivery of clinical services in the Emergency Department, and shall cooperate and assist the Hospital in its purchasing and other cost control programs.
- Physician shall participate in such managed care plans, as Hospital may direct, respecting reimbursement issues.
Medical Staff Relations
- Work actively to promote positive relations with other clinical departments and the Medical Staff at large.
- Participate in appropriate Hospital and Medical Staff committees.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Physician shall exemplify South Peninsula Hospital’s Values & Behaviors in all of their interactions with staff, patients and community members.
- Physician agrees to make meaningful use of electronic health records; to be willing to work with Allied Health Professionals and other Hospital employees as part of care teams for patient care; and to perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
Education, Training and Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited four-year U.S. medical school or its equivalent.
- Board certified. Trained/experienced in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current Alaska State License to practice Medicine.
- Must maintain all customary narcotics and controlled substance numbers and licenses.
- Approval by Hospital’s Medical Staff and Board of Directors to practice with appropriate privileges.
- Has passed a background screen, a drug/nicotine screen, a job function test, and a physical
- Has attended a Physician Orientation day prior to beginning her service at the Hospital and outpatient clinics
Physician shall at all times act in a manner consistent with processional and ethical standards, established by applicable State and Federal agencies, licensure and accreditation bodies and professional associations. Further, Physician shall not conduct himself in a manner which would be disruptive to the Hospital or any facility or Hospital at which Physician provides services pursuant to this Agreement, or which would jeopardize the health or safety of any patient, the quality of patient care as determined by the Medical Staff, or any Hospital, Physician or other person.
For more information please contact Laura Hansen: 907-235-0237 via phone or at email@example.com via email