FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN
South Peninsula Hospital/South Peninsula Hospital/HOMER MEDICAL CLINIC
Physician agrees to perform all duties, faithfully, industriously and to the best of their ability, in accordance with the applicable professional standards of care, South Peninsula Hospital’s Values and Behaviors and the medical standards and ethics of the medical profession. In addition, Physician agrees that she will:
- Retain Medical Staff membership in good standing at SPH;
- Comply with the written policies, rules, and regulations of Hospital;
- Comply with the applicable standards of third-party payers so that Hospital can obtain reimbursement for services rendered;
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws, rules and regulations;
- Comply with continuing medical education requirements;
- Remain licensed without restriction under state and federal laws to dispense all controlled substances, narcotics, and others drugs as may be necessary to provide services hereunder;
- Become and remain board certified from the start of employment;
- Remain in good standing with the State Medical Board and all federal, state, and local agencies related to the services to be provided pursuant to this Agreement;
- Notify Hospital of any threatened, proposed, or actual exclusion from any federally funded health care program. This Agreement will automatically terminate if Physician is excluded from Medicaid or Medicare programs.
Physician shall participate in the establishment of appropriate scheduling to ensure patient coverage by Physician and other professional personnel of the Clinic including an on-call schedule for physician coverage.
Typical clinic work hours are 9-5 Mon-Friday; some Urgent Care shifts on evenings and weekends.
POSITION DESCRIPTION, ACCOUNTABILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE:
- Physician shall participate in Hospital’s risk management, continuing medical education, quality assurance, utilization review, peer review, and other programs conducted by the Hospital as required by Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Physician shall participate in at least two ongoing quality studies, one of which will focus on patient satisfaction, the other of which will be determined by Physician and the Hospital.
- Physician shall coordinate the medical care or other services provided by various health care professionals and others, to those who receive medical or other care, or services at the Clinic.
- Physician shall recommend to the Hospital matters relating to the selection, retention or termination of non-physician personnel supplied by the Hospital in connection with the operation of the Clinic and the provision of Family services at the Hospital. Physician shall provide such training, supervision and direction to all such non-physician personnel, on clinical issues, as may be requested by the Hospital from time to time.
- Physician may provide recommendations and suggestions to the Hospital on how to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness at the Clinic and in connection with the delivery of Family services.
- Physician shall assist in assessing Hospital proficiency in providing care and services at the Clinic.
- Physician may assist in drafting policy and procedures relating to clinical standards.
- Physician may participate in local community education seminars sponsored or organized by the Hospital.
- Physician may make recommendations to the Hospital with respect to the establishment and purchase of facilities, supplies and equipment necessary for the proper operation of the Clinic and the delivery of Family services at the Hospital.
- Physician shall consult with and assist the Hospital with respect to budgetary matters involving the Clinic and the delivery of Family care services at the Hospital, and shall cooperate and assist the Hospital in its purchasing and other cost control programs.
- Physician shall participate in such managed care plans, as Hospital may direct, respecting reimbursement issues.
- Work actively to promote positive relations with other clinical departments and the Medical Staff at large.
- Participate in appropriate Hospital and Medical Staff committees.
- Physician shall exemplify South Peninsula Hospital’s Values & Behaviors in all of their interactions with staff, patients and community members.
- Physician shall consult with and advise the Hospital with respect to services and supplies that are required for the operation of the Clinic and the delivery of Family care services at the Hospital.
- Hospital may provide EKG Tests to physician for interpretation. Physician will provide dictation interpretation on the EKG including at least four points of reference.
- Hospital may provide Holter Monitor Tests to physician for interpretation. Physician will provide dictation interpretation on the Holter Monitor including at least five points of reference.
- Physician agrees to make meaningful use of electronic health records; to be willing to work with Allied Health Professionals and other Hospital employees as part of care teamsfor patient care; and to perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND LICENSURE
- Graduate of an accredited four-year U.S. medical school or its equivalent.
- Board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine, or Board eligible within two years of appointment to Hospital’s Medical Staff.
- Current Alaska State License to practice Medicine.
- Approval by Hospital’s Medical Staff and Board of Directors to practice with appropriate privileges.
- Has passed a background screen, a drug/nicotine screen, a job function test, and a physical
- Has attended a Physician Orientation day prior to beginning her service at the Hospital and outpatient clinics
For more information please contact Laura Hansen: 907-235-0237 via phone or at firstname.lastname@example.org via email