Finance Manager (PCN 114)
South Peninsula Hospital/South Peninsula Hospital/GENERAL ACCOUNTING
The Financial Manager assists the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with maintaining the financial records for the facility by overseeing the functions of financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable, and payroll Incumbent will perform general accounting duties, delegating or preparing monthly general and standard journal entries; monthly account reconciliations; cost report schedules; yearend audit schedules; Federal and State regulatory reports; analyze and maintain G/L accounts, assist auditors in the preparation and compilation of cost reports; act as liaison for State financial audits; accounts payable, payroll and miscellaneous cash. This position also manages the Material Management Department of the hospital to include purchasing and receiving of supplies, inventory control, and medical supply functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in accounting with 2 years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Possess advanced level accounting skills and have a working knowledge of purchasing and inventory control.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programs and effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to coordinate activities and people in a fast-paced environment and work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Perform quality work within deadlines without supervision, be detail oriented and able to perform with a high level of accuracy.
The South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed acute care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. Attached to this facility is a 28 bed Long Term Care residential facility. This position manages the activities of the accounting department and materials management and assists the CFO. The working environment is generally pleasant and sedentary. Working hours may fluctuate.