MT/MLT (PCN 210)
South Peninsula Hospital/South Peninsula Hospital/LABORATORY
This position, under the immediate supervision of the Laboratory Director is also supervised by the Medical Director when appropriate. The scope of responsibility is:
- Work closely with other laboratory employees, the Laboratory Director and Medical Director in order to maintain and enhance patient care services of South Peninsula Hospital;
- Perform in all areas involved in pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic testing in the laboratory. Performs testing of high and moderate complexity levels according to established procedures;
- Adhere to quality control policies and perform proficiency testing competently;
- Follow policies related to safety, infection control and chemical hygiene (requires a basic understanding of regulatory requirements as established by the various regulatory agencies such as CLIA, and OSHA;
- Relate and communicate competently and professionally with the supervisors and staff of other departments, physicians and patients as an official representative of the laboratory and hospital.
- Associates Degree in Medical Technology or related field; or Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related field
- National Registry as Medical Laboratory Technician(MLT) by ASCP or Clinical Laboratory Scientist( CLS) by NCA or equivalent
- Successful completion of registry exam for Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Work may include lifting up to 50 pounds
- Work involves lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects
- Work involves manual dexterity and coordination to perform phlebotomy, including bending over for extended times
- Work involves manual dexterity to use keyboard for extended periods
Applicant will be working evenings alone. Must possess the ability to prioritize work load, multitask, and work with a sense of urgency. Interdepartmental communication skills are critical for building an efficient patient care team. Phlebotomy skills across the age spectrum necessary.