CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE - HOME HEALTH (PCN 800)
Work Hours: 9-5
Functions as a member of the Home Health team to provide personal care to clients, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The CNA strives to assist clients to maintain and/or gain their optimal state of health and self-care, and to provide dignity and comfort.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide course of study, be certified by the State of Alaska, and maintain this certification on a biannual basis.
- Maintain continuing education credits current as required by the State of Alaska and/or SPH.
- Maintain a valid certificate in first aid and BLS issued by the American Heart Association, or other agency approved by the department.
- Maintain a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation and maintain liability insurance on any vehicle used for program related travel.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 pounds without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed Critical Access Hospital and 28 bed nursing home located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting and the ability to lift large loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls, and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work.