HMC CLINIC NURSE (PCN 1112)
Work Hours: 8am-5pm
Utilizes the nursing process to plan and provide patient care to patients according to established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN) preferred or willingness to work toward completion of certification.
- Prior experience in mental health or addiction health is preferred but not required.
- The position of Registered Nurse requires the person possess a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Alaska.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
- Speaking, listening, and basic writing skills are required to communicate with others, and to document care given. Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing for extended periods, stooping and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including blood-borne pathogens, muscle strains, falls, and needle stick injuries. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs and patient census.