HMC MEDICAL BILLER (PCN 293)
Work Hours: 8:30-5:00
The Clinic Medical Billing Specialist (CMBS) posts insurance and agency payments correctly and accurately. The CMBS works the account aging report to find open insurance claims, follow up, and corrects or re-bills when needed. Files appeals and verifies coverage and benefits for patients.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Clinic Medical Billing Specialist position requires the minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- A Medical Billing certification is preferred along with two to three years experience in medical billing.
- Excellent keyboarding skills and basic knowledge of computers is required.
- This position requires the ability to maintain productivity through long periods working at a desk.
- This position must present a professional appearance, deal courteously and respectfully with patients and staff.
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail, be able to post accurately, and be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital and 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic, and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. The position requires a moderate amount of mobility. The ability to reason, speak and have basic manual dexterity is essential. Physical demands may include sitting for prolonged periods, walking, stooping and occasional lifting. Psychological demands can be very strenuous. Most work is performed inside and the work is generally of a positive nature.