HOUSEKEEPING/ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (PCN632)
Work Hours: Thur-Sun Days
The Environmental Services Technician works as a member of the Environmental Services team to assist in achieving its primary goal of maintaining the hospital and campus buildings in a clean, safe, orderly manner and providing quality laundry service. This position performs a variety of assigned housekeeping and laundry tasks in all areas of the facility and other areas as assigned; to meet, hospital, departmental and regulatory standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. An additional 1-2 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a HSD or GED.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lift and/or push and pull up to 45 lbs. and pass a Job Function Test.
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail and be flexible in work assignments.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of employee's, patients/residents, facility records, conversations and work performed.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed Critical Access Hospital with an attached 28 bed Long Term Care facility and a designated level IV trauma center located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The campus also includes several clinics and office buildings that are maintained by the Environmental Services team. The working environment requires that this position be able to stand, walk, reach, and bend for extended periods and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 lbs. This position may be exposed to temperature fluctuations, moderate noise levels, minimal dust, infectious diseases and chemicals used in housekeeping and laundry activities. Work is primarily performed indoors, but entails some outside tasks. Working hours vary depending on the shift being covered.