PATIENT CARE TECH (PCN 554)
Work Hours: 6to 1830
SHIFT/SCHEDULE: Full- time; Days; Must be flexible for call when needed.
Functions as a member of the Acute Care /ER health team to provide personal care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse. The PCT strives to assist patients to maintain and/or regain their optimal state of health and self-care and to provide dignity and comfort. Collaborates with team members to coordinate all unit activities and the flow of information between the AC/ER department and other ancillary departments and entities. Facilitates maximum reimbursement for patient services through accurate and complete registration process. Assists in providing clerical support, answering phones, order entry in CPSI when needed and stocking of the units.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide course of study, be certified by the State of Alaska, and maintain this certification on a biannual basis.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self- injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
- Must have at least one year experience working with computers and ability to use word processing/spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively under mental and emotional pressure of emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed critical access hospital and nine (9) bed ER located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting and the ability to lift large loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work. Occasionally, this position may be complicated by an irate or stressed patient or staff and critical emergency situations.