PATIENT CARE TECH (PCN 762)
Work Hours: 6-6
Functions as a member of the Acute Care /ER health team to provide personal care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse. The PCT strives to assist patients to maintain and/or regain their optimal state of health and self-care and to provide dignity and comfort. Collaborates with team members to coordinate all unit activities and the flow of information between the AC/ER department and other ancillary departments and entities. Facilitates maximum reimbursement for patient services through accurate and complete registration process. Assists in providing clerical support, answering phones, order entry in CPSI when needed and stocking of the units.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide course of study, be certified by the State of Alaska, and maintain this certification on a biannual basis.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self- injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
- Must have at least one year experience working with computers and ability to use word processing/spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively under mental and emotional pressure of emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!