PHLEBOTOMIST / CLERK 2 (PCN 222)
Work Hours: 0730-1600
This position, under the immediate supervision of the laboratory director, is also supervised by the general supervisor, technical supervisor, and clinical laboratory scientists when appropriate. The scope of responsibility is:
- To perform phlebotomy and clerking duties as an employee of South Peninsula Hospital both in the hospital clinical laboratory and at Homer Medical Clinic. This will include registering patients into the Hospital Information System (HIS), performing phlebotomy, performing chain of custody drug screen collections, performing Breath Alcohol testing if appropriate, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- The clerk/phlebotomist is involved in the pre-analytical and post-analytical phase of the laboratory testing process.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Experience as a phlebotomist, drawing neonates, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
- Moderate knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent verbal, written and clerical skills
- Computer skills in order entry , Excel and Word