REGISTERED NURSE- LONG TERM CARE (PCN 415)
Work Hours: Variable
WORK SHIFT/HOURS: Work hours are variable, any day Saturday through Sunday and any time 12:00 am to 11:59 pm.
PURPOSE: The LTC Registered Nurse (RN) will provide skilled nursing assessments and direct care to the LTC resident based on best practice. This person takes an active role in planning resident care and ensures the quality of care given to the resident. The RN may function in the role of charge nurse and/or floor nurse by administering medications/treatments to the resident; oversee, monitor, and coordinate care performed by assigned staff and/or may function as RN on duty per State/Federal regulations. The RN may be required to provide nursing care in other nursing departments of the facility to meet resident/patient care needs.
PRACTICING EXCELLENCE:Providing quality care while safeguarding resident rights are two goals for the LTC health team. To meet these goals for the residents, all staff integrates the following LTC core values in the care they provide to our residents in order to practice “Excellence”:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Gerontology, preferable in a Long Term Care facility, is preferred.
- Speaking, listening, and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others, and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
- Ability to complete and pass Medication Administration Test.
- Must complete General and Licensed staff orientation for LTC.
- Must have ability to organize tasks.
- Supervisory Skills/aptitude.
- A clinical ladder is offered for those RN staff choosing to obtain and maintain competency in additional specialties as noted in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Additional Information: Weekend and/or Holiday Rotation may be required.