Work Hours: Variable
POSITION PURPOSE: Functions as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide ultrasound exams as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
NATURE AND SCOPE: Provides direct patient care and ultrasound procedures, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience, under the direction of the Imaging Director, within the boundaries of local, state and federal regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
3. Graduate of an accredited/approved Medical Sonography program.
4. Must be ARDMS credentialed in two of the following: Abdomen, OB-GYN, Breast, RVT or other ARDMS sub-specialty. Must maintain registration with the ARDMS on an annual basis.
5. A minimum of one (1) year of postgraduate clinical experience preferred but not required.
6. Must maintain current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialties as required by ARDMS.
7. Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self-injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
8. Must be willing and able to cross-train in other functional areas within the department.
ENVIRONMENT: We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an
experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!