ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST (PCN 220)
Work Hours: variable, 8-10 hour shifts
Functions as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide ultrasound exams as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved Medical sonography program.
- Must be ARDMS credentialed in two of the following: Abdomen, OB-GYN, Breast, RVT or other ARDMS sub-specialty. Must maintain registration with the ARDMS on an annual basis.
- Echocardiography experience/credentials preferred but not required. Must be willing to train into echocardiography if applicant has no echocardiography experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of postgraduate clinical experience.
- Must maintain current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialties as required by ARDMS.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed acute care hospital and 28 bed Long Term Care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting, and the ability to lift loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls, and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work. Call is required.
32 hours per week. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work. Applicants must be willing and able to take on-call duty and work holidays as directed by the Imaging Director.