UNIT CLERK- LONG TERM CARE (PCN 712)
Work Hours: 9a-5p Saturdays, Sundays, and every other Fridays
The LTC HUC is a member of the health team who functions as a catalyst to assure appropriate information flows among team members, to other departments and outside entities as needed. Responsible for maintaining accurate registration of the LTC residents and updating information as needed depending on ICF/SNF level. The LTC HUC must be well organized with the ability to interact with all customers on and who enter the unit. This position is key to customer service.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have working knowledge of Medical Terminology (or completion of course within 90 days of hire).
- Health Unit Clerk certification or minimum of one year experience in health care related field required. Certified Nurse Aide certification preferred.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- Speaking, listening and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others.
- At least one year experience working with computers (including Word and e-mail), medical record keeping, filing skills and telephone communication systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of CPSI system including registration/admitting, charge entry and Point of Care preferred, or ability to learn and work independently within 30 days of hire.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22-bed critical access hospital and 28-bed skilled
Positon's scheduled days are Saturdays, Sundays, and every other Fridays.