ACTIVITIES AIDE/CNA (PCN 769)
Work Hours: 7a-530p
Member of the LTC unit health team to provide meaningful activities and social opportunities to residents in the Long Term Care Facility. Provides activities appropriate to individual and group needs and interests of the resident. The LTC CRNUAD I/AA works under the direction of the Activity Coordinator, LTC Social Worker, Nurse staff and/or the Director of LTC. The LTC CRNUAD I/AA works with the nursing staff and other members of the health care team striving to assist LTC residents to maintain and/or regain their optimal state of activity, or to provide socialization and comfort.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Current Alaska drivers license with ability to be accepted on SPH driving insurance.
- Recreational therapy degree and experience, preferably in geriatric extended care facility, is highly desirable.
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide class, be certified by the State of Alaska and maintain this certification.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- Speaking, listening and basic writing skills required to effectively communicate with others and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Must complete general and CRNUAD orientation as well as Activity Aide orientation for Long Term Care.
- A clinical ladder is offered for those CRNUAD staff choosing to obtain and maintain competency in additional specialties as noted in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22-bed critical assess hospital and 28-bed skilled