ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PCN 764)
Work Hours: Days
All South Peninsula Hospital employees are responsible and accountable for supporting our mission and vision, and are expected to represent the best interests of our organization, with a positive attitude at all times.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary purpose is to provide general administrative support for the Administration Office, assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and provide support and cross-training with the Senior Executive Assistant.
None. The Administrative Assistant does not supervise any other position.
The Administrative Assistant is the first contact with other hospital staff, patients and their families, physicians and their staff, other facility departments and the general public. The incumbent in this position must project a professional, positive, friendly image of the hospital when communicating with these contacts.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to assist with and handle duties for senior management. The individual should be efficient and comfortable being a member of a team, with the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support. Critical thinking is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, good with problem solving and prioritization, and organized.
- Proficiency in MS Office, to include experience with in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
Education: High school diploma plus experience as an administrative assistant or related work.
Work Experience: Previous office experience is required and familiarity with hospitals is preferred.
- Acts as the first contact for the Administration Office. Greets visitors and callers using a professional and discreet manner. Assists patients and visitors on the phone and forwards/escorts to proper department for follow-up.
- Provides general administrative support functions at South Peninsula Hospital to include maintaining conference room schedules, sorting mail, retrieving and forwarding faxes, processing invoices and check requests, and other administrative tasks.
- Provides administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer, to include coordinating meeting schedules, preparing documents, assisting with projects and other duties as required.
- Assists staff with obtaining authorization and coordinating travel arrangements in accordance with policy HW-024. Maintains the credit card used for SPH employee travel.
- Cross-trains with Board/CEO Executive Assistant to provide coverage for Board and CEO activities and support as needed.
- Provides administrative support for committees and task forces as assigned, including. Provides project assistance to other senior leaders as directed by the Board/CEO Executive Assistant.
- Appropriately assist with, or plan and organize, executive office functions, events, projects, mailing and routines, in consultation with the Board/CEO Executive Assistant.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital and 28 bed long term care facility with a nine bed Emergency Department located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. The position requires walking, sitting for prolonged periods, stooping, and standing. Generally, physical demands are light and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work.