Homer, AKFull TimeWork Hours:
South Peninsula Hospital is looking for a great talent to join our diverse team of Human Resources professionals as the Benefits Administrator.
- Enjoy living in a small tight community – You Too, Can Call This Home https://youtu.be/QJaMSV5xl44
- Relocation Assistance plus transition housing
- Highly competitive wages and benefits:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Health and wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid leave and so much more…….
- Endless outdoor activities to enjoy:
- Countless hiking trails
- Endless camping locations with stunning views
- #1 destination for Halibut fishing
- Coordinates and manages all functions associated with the development, implementation and administration of the organization's benefits and incentives program.
- Performs strategic, technical and administrative duties in the Human Resources department as well as assists in coordination and communication on joint activities with other departments.
- Assists the Human Resources Director in organizing, planning, developing and implementing various human resource projects and events related to employee benefits and incentives programs.
- Reports to the Director of Human Resources and plays a key role in the operations of the Human Resources Division, working collaboratively with a team of HR Professionals, Hospital Management and Union Representatives.
- Will support and role-model South Peninsula Hospital’s values and behaviors while working as a collaborative and interdisciplinary team member providing high quality, safe, and cost-effective patient care.
- This is a confidential and an exempt (salaried) position under the laws of the FLSA.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Required Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
- Work Experience: In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience as a benefit administrator. Preferred higher education, i.e. graduate degree can be reviewed in lieu of experience.
- Licenses and Certifications: PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP required within two years of employment.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) with a 28 bed long term care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. At South Peninsula Hospital, we are more than just a hospital. We are the community’s leading healthcare organization, offering not only the services expected in a small town, like primary care, home health and a nursing home, but also more advanced specialty services, like orthopedics, interventional radiology, pediatric therapy and neurology. And thanks to our outstanding staff, we are a three-time top 100 critical access hospital and score above the state and national average in the Medicare Hospital Compare patient satisfaction and quality scores and Press Ganey Employee Satisfaction Survey.
Homer, Alaska, is a small, charming seaside community nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. You’ll be impressed with the surrounding school, museums, art galleries, fine dining options and seaside accommodations. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!