CLINIICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (PCN 340)
Work Hours: Variable
This will be an exempt and confidential position for a limited term.
Provides clinical and administrative support to the employee health/infection prevention operation and ensures proper management of health records.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Specialized supportive nursing role that is instrumental in protecting the health of the employees and patients, and assists with infection prevention activities by delivering both clinical and administrative support. This position collaborates with Human Resources, the Chief Nursing Officer, Employee Health RN, Infection Prevention RN, Employee Health, Infection Prevention Physician and department managers.
- Demonstrates full understanding of patient safety and privacy rights
- Demonstrated ability to function in independent setting
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer: proficient in Microsoft
- Ability of public speaking, community education program development and presentations
- Current Alaska RN licensure or ability to obtain license within 6 months after employment
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
South Peninsula Hospital (SPH) is a 22-bed Critical Access Hospital with a 28-bed Long Term Care facility, also offering several clinics for a variety of care provided. Located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula, SPH has an active medical staff, including surgeons and a large consulting staff.