Coder 4 (REQ 3398)
Work Hours: 8
This Coder 4 position is located in our Health Information Management department.
This is a full-time benefited position, 40 hours per week, day shift, 8 hours per day.
$35.13 – $46.18/hr (rate of pay range quoted is for 5-30 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights and weekends)
What you'll do:
- The Medical Records Coder 4 reviews the contents of outpatient, inpatient and Long Term Care records identifying appropriate ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, HCPC II and CPT codes to the highest specificity using appropriate coding guidelines, thus ensuring all coded records meet SPH, State and Federal requirements.
- Ambulatory, outpatient, inpatient and Long Term Care coding is performed in a timely and accurate manner to meet ethical standards, compliance audits, and appropriate statistical and disease indices data collection requirements.
- The Medical Records Coder 4 is in contact with a variety of people throughout the normal course of a day.
- The Medical Records Coder 4 performs duties in support of the hospital mission and in accordance with established departmental and facility policies.
What you'll need:
- A two-year Associate of Applied Science degree or completion of the AHIMA independent study programs is preferred.
- Must possess applicable AAPC or AHIMA coding certifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years coding experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of coding/classification systems appropriate for inpatient and outpatient services. These include, but are not limited to, diagnostic medicine, emergency room, outpatient surgery, observation, general medicine/surgery, dental, orthopedics, obstetrics and newborn and specialty services.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Incumbent must also be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks with exceptional organizational skills.
- The position requires keyboarding skills, and knowledge of various computer applications including, but not limited to: word processing, spreadsheets, databases and graphic presentation software. Must be able to operate general office machines including personal computer, FAX machine and photocopier.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.