COOK (PCN 1010)
Work Hours: Variable
The Cook is responsible for preparing and serving nutritionally adequate and culturally acceptable food for patients, employees, visitors and special hospital events.
KNOWLDEGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The position of Cook requires the incumbent possess the minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed a course of study in culinary arts, or a formal apprenticeship program, or have at least 2 years of experience as a cook/chef in commercial food production.
The individual must demonstrate knowledge of:
- Standard recipes & culinary techniques, and the ability to create recipes.
- Have a history of following standardized recipes and batch food production as well as basic understanding of nutrition with emphasis in therapeutic diets.
- Have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- The Cook must also have the ability to operate all equipment within the dietary department.
- The Cook must hold a manager's level food safety certification from ServSafe. Incumbent cooks who possess a State of Alaska Food Handler's Certificate must become ServSafe certified within six (six) months of the date this policy is implemented.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!