DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (PCN 213)
Work Hours: 0700 - 1630
Looking for a candidate that is patient centered and provides high quality care for both screening and diagnostic patients. Someone who enjoys a change of pace and has experience in more than one modality. This position does require someone willing to locate to Homer, Alaska and share call with other Radiologic Technologists.
Functions as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide clinical radiographs as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed an AMA approved Radiologic Technologist training course.
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Must maintain registration with the ARRT on an annual basis.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the ARRT.
- Prefer CT, DEXA, X-Ray and/or C-Arm experience
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 35 pounds or 25% of own body weight, whichever is less, without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed acute care hospital and 28 bed Long Term Care Facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting, and the ability to lift large loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls, and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work.