DIETARY AIDE/FOOD PREP (REQ 3258)
Work Hours: 8
The Dietary Aide/Food Prep position is in our Nutrition Services Department.
This is a part-time benefited position, 24 hours per week, 8 hours per day 3 days a week.
- $17.74 - 22.74/hr and up (rate of pay quoted is for 0-20 years of experience, and higher pay for more years of experience)
What you'll do:
- The Dietary Aide is responsible for improving the quality of care for all hospital patients, including stocking food to various departments throughout the hospital.
- Duties may include food prep, and preparing and following patient and resident diet sheets for tray accuracy throughout the Acute Care and LTC resident's hospital stay.
- Work in our commercial kitchen.
What you'll need:
- Must have the minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous foodservice experience is desirable, but not required.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Good physical health with the ability to lift heavy objects is required.
- Maintain a clean, well groomed and professional appearance.
- Must possess a State of Alaska Food Worker's Card within 30 days of employment.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- Matching 403b Retirement Plan,
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $17.74 to $22.74/hour
8 hours per day 3 days a week.</p><p><strong><u></u></strong> </p><ul><li>$17.74 - $22.74/hr and up (rate of pay quoted is for 0-20 years of experience
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1825