DIETARY AIDE/HOSTESS (PCN 963)
Work Hours: Variable
The Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess is responsible for improving the quality of care for all hospital patients. This is accomplished by preparing and following patient and resident diet sheets for tray accuracy throughout the Acute Care and LTC resident's hospital stay.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess the minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous foodservice experience is desirable, but not required.
- The individual must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Good physical and mental health with the ability to lift heavy objects is required.
- The Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess will maintain a clean, well groomed and professional appearance.
- The Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess must possess a Serv-Safe certificate.
The South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed acute care hospital and a 28 bed nursing home located at the southern end of the Kenia Peninsula. The Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess can be in direct contact with hospitalized patients and health care providers. The Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess is exposed to food, grease, steam, water, detergents and other cleaning chemicals, heat, cold, and noise. There may be times when the Dietary Aide/Host/Hostess is exposed to sharps and body fluids. There are risks of cuts, falls, burns, back injury due to lifting, and frequent temperature changes. This position requires working rotating shifts which include weekends, holidays, early and late shifts.