DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (PCN 123)
Work Hours: 8-5
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for assessing, planning and delivering human resource management programs and policies for a non-profit health system that is inter-woven with local government agencies providing for financial and governance oversight. As a strategic leader, operates with sufficient independence to ensure legal compliance, objectivity and fairness in employee matters while aligned with the organization's mission, vision and values. This position exercises prudent decision making, initiative, judgment, problem solving and self-regulation in a multitude of situations. This position is responsible for the areas of employee benefits, pension program administration, succession planning, talent management, talent sourcing, change management, organizational and performance management, training, human resources information systems, records retention and management, total compensation administration, position classification, and union relationship and negotiations.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or Organizational Management, or at least 5 years HR director experience in a healthcare setting.
- Candidates will be encouraged to maintain or obtain a nationally recognized certification i.e. Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or Certified Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) within 6 months of hire.
- Eight years of professional experience in the field of human resources, personnel administration, labor relations, or industrial relations is required, of which at least two years must be at the management level with responsibility for leading, supervising, or directing others in work performance.
- Must have ability and skill to operate in a personal computer environment using word processing, data base and spreadsheet software; MS Office expereince preferred.
- Extensive experience providing Director level HR guidance in a licensed healthcare environment, preferably in hospital or clinic setting with demonstrated strategic workforce management experience highly desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Developing and implementing the vision, mission, values, expectations and goals of a high functioning human resources department focused on:
- Creating trust and working collaboratively in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Knowledge of human resources best practices, employee benefits and employment law
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and rules governing healthcare services as necessary
- Managing and organizing complex, multiphase processes and projects
- Designing, coordinating, and ensuring staff selection process that results in hiring highly qualified staff
- Developing and applying strategic plans, and employing data-driven analyses and decision-making
- Participating as a team member while also exhibiting strong leadership skills
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of strategic plan
- Applying top-notch interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking; bilingual preferred
Located in Homer, AK, South Peninsula Hospital is a CAH hospital with an attached 28-bed nursing home. It seeks employees with a passion for serving the community through health care, and the desire to live in an active and engaging region full of recreational opportunity and natural splendor. Homer is a fisherman’s dream location, and is part of the Alaskan “banana belt” experiencing a temperate climate throughout the year. Hikers, fishermen, boaters, and cyclists share the region with expansive views of the Kachemak Bay and surrounding mountains as well as magnificent wildlife.