EDUCATION COORDINATOR (PCN 372)
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
POSITION PURPOSE: Coordination of mandatory education classes for hospital staff per regulatory requirements. Plans, evaluates and implements continuing education activities for nursing and medical staff. Provides resources and supervises staff. Submits applications for CNE and CME accreditation when required. Encourages and promotes quality care and safety through continuing education and by offering health awareness classes to employees. Serves as a liaison with all departments
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Education, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience providing training or teaching required.
- Experience with professional development and education design preferred.
- Current certifications in BLS and ACLS required.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Speaking, listening, and basic writing and organizational skills are required to communicate with professional staff, to direct the work activity within the department, and to communicate with personnel at all levels.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital, which is Homer’s only Critical Access Hospital and Long Term Care facility. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will also be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” You will absolutely love it here!