EMPLOYEE HEALTH NURSE (PCN 340)
Work Hours: Days
Establishes standards of practice in occupational health and ensures proper management of employee health concerns.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Specialized nursing role that is instrumental in protecting the health of the employees, other health care workers and patients. This position collaborates with Human Resources, the Chief Nursing Officer, Infection Prevention RN, Infection Prevention Physician and department managers.
- Current Alaska RN licensure
- Minimum of three years nursing practice required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, occupational safety, occupational exposure management, injury/illness intervention and case management
- Demonstrates full understanding of patient safety and privacy rights
- Demonstrated ability to function in independent setting
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer: proficient in Microsoft
- Ability of public speaking, community education program development and presentations
South Peninsula Hospital (SPH) is a 22-bed Critical Access Hospital with a 28-bed Long Term Care facility, also offering several clinics for a variety of care provided. Located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula, SPH has an active medical staff, including surgeons and a large consulting staff.