FACILITIES ELECTRICIAN (PCN 642)
Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm
The Facilities Electrician position works as a member of the Engineering team who performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting work with electrical systems. Electrical work may be performed in a number of areas including heating, refrigeration, motors, fire alarms, and generator equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have 10 years of electrical experience.
- Required to possess and make available for hospital use a current Alaska Commercial Electrical Administrator’s license.
- Must have familiarity with the applicable portions of the regulations contained in the National Electrical Code and the National Electrical Safety Code, as approved by the American National Standards Institute, other applicable installation and safety regulations approved by the American National Standards Institute
- Must have a passing score on required Job Function Test and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Have working knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, users, repair and maintenance; knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in construction of buildings.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English; and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Have working knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property and institutions.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good communication and listening skills.
- Must possess good organizational and decision making skills with the ability to set appropriate priorities
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail, be flexible in work assignment be able to work competently in stressful situations.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22-bed Critical Access Hospital with an attached 28 bed Long Term Care Unit and a nine bed designated Level IV Trauma Center. The facility also includes several clinics and office buildings located off the main campus. The Facilities Electrician may work in all of these areas to maintain the buildings and associated equipment. The working environment while generally pleasant requires that this person be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb ladders and occasionally crawl through and work in tight, sometimes dirty spaces. This position participates in the handling of hazardous materials and working with potentially dangerous equipment that requires knowledge of safety programs such as lockout/tagout, and compliance with numerous regulatory guidelines for safe work practices. While performing the duties of this position, there may be exposure to inclement weather, wet and/or humid conditions, high temperatures, fumes, dust particles and chemicals. Working hours are usually during the-day, but may fluctuate, depending on various situations and work load.