FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN
Work Hours: 9-5 w/ evening and Sat urgent care
Req # 473
Physicians support the SPH Mission of promoting “community health and wellness by providing personalized, high quality, locally coordinated healthcare.” Our Homer Medical Center is a certified Patient Centered Medical Home.
Homer, Alaska is located on the shores of Kachemak Bay overlooking the Kenai Mountain Range. Homer is known for fishing, the arts, eco-tourism, and a high quality of life. The city limits include 5,000 residents, and the service area has 13,000+ residents. Whether raising a family or looking for the real Alaska outdoor adventure, the area will perfectly meet or exceed your expectations. More information at www.homeralaska.org.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Physician shall coordinate the medical care or other services provided by various health care professionals and others, to those who receive medical or other care, or services at the Clinic.
- Physician may participate in local community education seminars sponsored or organized by the Hospital.
- Physician will work actively to promote positive relations with other clinical departments and the Medical Staff at large.
- Physician shall exemplify South Peninsula Hospital’s Values & Behaviors in all of their interactions with staff, patients and community members.
- Physician shall participate in Hospital’s risk management, continuing medical education, quality assurance, utilization review, peer review, and other programs conducted by the Hospital as required by Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Schedule is a 4-day work week in clinic, covering both outpatient and inpatient with rotating Urgent Care coverage nights and weekends. 1:5 rotation for call and Urgent Care.
- Performs other duties required to insure the effective operation of the clinic.
- Earning Potential - $265,000
- Signing Bonus / Relocation Bonus
- Student Loan Assistance
- Medical / Dental / Vision for self and family
- Defined Contribution Plan Eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Medical Education Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Experience – 5 year work history preferred. New residency graduates considered.
- Board Certification required
- Alaska State License
- Possession of a Medical Doctor degree or D.O. degree
- Hold and maintain current, valid and unrestricted federal and state registrations to prescribe and dispense controlled substances (DEA license)
- Skills – IP/OP Family Medicine
- Approval by Hospital’s Medical Staff and Board of Directors to practice with appropriate privileges
- Passes background screen, a drug/nicotine screen, a job function test and a physical
Contact Laura Hansen, SPH Provider Recruiter, at email@example.com