FINANCIAL ANALYST 2 (PCN 746)
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
The Financial Analyst II primary duties are to maintain accuracy and integrity of South Peninsula Hospital financial records while assisting the Finance Director with day-to-day analytical needs of financial data.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Associates degree and equivalent work experience will be considered. CPA license not required but preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience is required.
- Additional accounting course work is preferred.
- Worked in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Minimum 5years experience in computerized accounting systems, healthcare system experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and present a professional image.
- Experience with quasi-governmental accounting and GAAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly both on the phone and in person.
- Knowledge and ability to operate such general office equipment as a typewriter, computer, calculator (10-key by touch), photocopier, FAX, scanner, and telephone.
- Must maintain a professional appearance, be courteous and polite to co-workers, physicians, customers, and public.
- Ability to follow established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Must have good analytical, research skills.
- Able to perform work with attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to work as a team member, contributing to a positive work environment.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, maintain confidentiality and be able to perform work with attention to detail.
- Able to proficiently type (50-60 wpm), adding machine by touch, and copy machine operation.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed acute care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. Attached to this facility is a 28 bed Long Term Care residential facility, and adjacent to the facility are several family medicine, and specialty physician offices which are part of the Hospital system. The working environment is generally pleasant and sedentary. Working hours may fluctuate.