FINANCIAL ANALYST I
Work Hours: 7:30-4:00
PURPOSE: The Financial Analyst I primary duties are to maintain accuracy and integrity of South Peninsula Hospital financial records while assisting the general accounting staff and Controller with day-to-day Accounts Payable and analytical needs of financial data.
NATURE & SCOPE: The Financial Analyst position is an intermediate level accounting position operating within the parameters of a computerized accounting system. The position is that of an assistant. The Financial Analyst reports to the Controller.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: The position of Financial Analyst requires the incumbent possess the minimum of a high school education and some college course work in accounting. Position also requires computational skills. This individual should possess such general office skills as typing (50-60 wpm), adding machine by touch, and copy machine operation. This individual should be familiar (functionally literate) with personal computers and personal computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, in order to prepare miscellaneous accounting reports and maintain existing accounting files. This position must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, maintain confidentiality and be able to perform work with attention to detail.
- Accounts Payable
- Primarily performs all accounts payable functions including but not limited to, accounts payable processing twice a week, print accounts payable checks, mail/distribute checks, running reports, electronic submission of direct deposit.
- Deals with payable and vendor matters with facility department managers, employees, and vendors.
- Verify the accuracy that the general ledger accounts used are accurate and ensure the correct amounts are reflected on the check requests or invoices.
- Prepare check requests to process payments and obtain proper approval as required for payment
- Prepare purchase orders for annual maintenance and lease agreements.
- Prepare accounts payable batches for the controller to review and sign off on.
- Vendor Maintenance including but not limited to, complete credit applications for review, set up new vendors in payable module, obtain W-9 from new vendors, send sales tax exemption cards to vendors.
- Completes, reviews, process and sends annual 1099 and 1096 reports.
- Review and investigates outstanding items on vendor statements in a timely fashion.
- Prepares monthly journal entry of all accrued accounts payable liabilities.
- Closes the accounts payable module monthly in accordance with monthly schedule.
- Maintains records, procedures, reports and files in a neat orderly manner for ease of information retrieval through hard copy or scanned file.
- Open all accounts payable inter-office mail and vendor mail in a timely fashion.
- Assists with the following:
- Payroll and other analyst with job duties.
- Special projects as requested by the Controller.
- Acts in a confidential capacity to the CFO whom formulates, determines or effectuates management policies.
- Maintaining fixed asset records
- Reconciling bank accounts as needed
- Year-end audit schedules
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and SPH’s regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Performs other related duties as assigned which may generate from the Controller or CFO.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account, Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time, 8 Paid Holidays Per Year, Health & Wellness Reimbursement, Annual Retention Bonus, 403b Retirement Plan, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Student Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Reimbursement, Bereavement Leave, In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!