HMC CARE COORDINATOR
Work Hours: 08:30-17:00
The Care Coordinator works in collaboration with chronically ill or high-risk patients and their family/caregiver, clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach in providing the best healthcare possible.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Care Coordinator works within the context of a Patient Centered Medical Home from a team approach and in continuous partnership with families and the health care team to promote timely access to needed care, comprehensive and continuity of care, and the enhancement of patient well-being. The care coordinator will coordinate with the interdisciplinary team that includes the patients, families, physicians, medical assistants, pharmacists, social workers and other HMC support staff to provide high quality care. The Care Coordinator will advocate and support the case management process, matching an individual’s ongoing needs with the appropriate level and type of medical, psychological, health, or social care/services within the organization or across multiple organizations. The position will partner in identifying and achieving timely patient care needs with implementation of the plan of care that is appropriate, resourceful, and valuable as determined by the interdisciplinary care team, effectively utilizing tools that measure, monitor, and manage quality and stewardship of patient care resources. .
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivelent combination of education and experience in a health or human service field.
- 2 years of clinic or patient care experience required. Registered Nurse applicants must be licensed in the state of AK.
- Experience in management is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, be organized, detail oriented and capable of follow-through.
- Proficiency in operating the job related computer software. Speaking, listening, and basic writing skills are required to communicate with others, and to document care given.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing, sitting for extended periods, stooping and the ability to lift 20 pounds. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs and patient census.