HMC CLINIC NURSE (PCN 1067)
Work Hours: Days
Utilizes the nursing process to plan and provide patient care to patients according to established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required to have a current registered nurse license in the state of Alaska.
- Preferred previous knowledge of Mental Health/Psychiatry Medications and have the ability to communicate well with clients in fragile emotional well being.
- Must have current BLS and ACLS certifications with the American Heart Association.
- Speaking, listening, and basic writing skills are required to communicate with others, and to document care given.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing for extended periods, stooping and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including blood-borne pathogens, muscle strains, falls, and needle stick injuries. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs and patient census.