HMC MEDICAL ASSISTANT (REQ 3260)
Work Hours: 8-10
This Medical Assistant position is located at Homer Medical Center (HMC), one of our outpatient clinics.
This is a Casual, non-benefited position, Monday through Friday with possible Saturdays, and up to 8-10 hour days. The number of hours and scheduling are to be determined by the clinic manager.
PLEASE NOTE: Rates shown below include the additional %15 added in lieu of benefits.
Without Medical Assistant Certification: $26.29 - $33.71/hr and up (Rate is for 0-20 years of experience. Rate is higher with more years of experience.)
With Medical Assistant Certification: $28.19 - $36.14/hr and up (Rate is for 0-20 years of experience. Rate is higher with more years of experience.)
What you'll do:
- Provide initial patient triage,
- Assist with coordination of care,
- Administrative services,
- Assist providers, nurses and other support staff with direct patient care,
- Performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol or as directed by a provider.
What you'll need:
- Be at least 18 years of age and be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of clinical practices and procedures and clinical competencies.
- Prior or current CNA and/or EMT-1, Health Care Specialist, or Medical Assistant certification is preferred, but may be substituted with appropriate experience in a healthcare setting.
- Possess a working knowledge and use of medical terminology.
- Have knowledge of medical records/health information management requirements.
- Requires receptionist skills, including the ability to be courteous and tactful with patients, their families, and facility personnel in person, by phone, and EMR messaging system.
- Must have good communication skills; understand chart flow, record keeping, order entry and scheduling.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must stay current in BLS training.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1826