HMC RECEPTIONIST - Patient Acct Rep 1 (REQ 3144)
Work Hours: variable
$23.56 – $26.54/hr and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-8 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights and weekends)
EXCELLENT BENEFITS (for benefit eligible positions, not including Casual positions):
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account with Health Insurance, Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time, 8 Paid Holidays Per Year, $400 per year Health & Wellness Reimbursement, Annual Retention Bonus, 403b Retirement Plan, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Student Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Reimbursement, Bereavement Leave, In-House Workout Facility and much more!
The purpose of the Medical Clinic Receptionist is to support and promote the relationship between the patient and provider through pleasant and professional interaction with all clients. This position is part of a team-based approach in providing patient-centered care by maximizing productivity through efficient client scheduling, registration, checking insurance eligibility, collecting payments, and maintaining and updating accurate patient information. The Medical Clinic Receptionist is often the first person a patient interacts with, whether it’s on the telephone or in person, therefore, must be able to communicate effectively and pleasantly.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Medical Clinic Receptionist position requires the minimum of a high school diploma.
- Two to three years experience in computerized patient accounts and/or administrative assistant is preferred.
- This individual will possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent keyboard skills (accuracy and speed) and knowledge of various computer applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- This position must present a professional appearance, deal courteously and respectfully with clients, be able to learn and follow established policies, be able to perform work with attention to detail, be able to maintain accurate records, be able to maintain strict confidentiality, and be able to contribute to a pleasant, positive working environment.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital and 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic, and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula.
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!