HOUSEKEEPING/ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH (Req #3151)
Work Hours: variable
STARTING SALARY: $17.92 - $20.19/hr and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-8 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights, and weekends)
The Environmental Services Technician works as a member of the Environmental Services team to assist in achieving its primary goal of maintaining the hospital and campus buildings in a clean, safe, orderly manner and providing quality laundry service. This position performs a variety of assigned housekeeping and laundry tasks in all areas of the facility and other areas as assigned; to meet, hospital, departmental and regulatory standards.
Performs routine housekeeping functions such as disinfecting, cleaning, wiping, mopping, dusting, emptying waste, vacuuming, etc. in accordance with department policies and procedures.
Routinely cleans various areas of the facility; including Radiology, Physical Therapy, Dietary, laundry, surgical suite, patient rooms, Long Term Care Unit/resident rooms, clinics, offices, laundry rooms, restrooms/locker rooms, commons areas, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a diploma or high school equivalency.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lift and/or push and pull up to 45 lbs. and pass a Job Function Test.
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail and be flexible in work assignments.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of employee's, patients/residents, facility records, conversations and work performed.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1733