HOUSEKEEPING/ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH (REQ 3417)
Work Hours: variable
This Housekeeping/EVS Tech 1 position is located in our Environmental Services Dept (EVS).
This is a Casual non-benefited position with variable hours.
- $20.61 - $26.42/hr*** and up (Rate of pay quoted is for 0-20 years of experience. Pay is higher with more years of experience.)
- ***Rate above has an additional 15% in lieu of benefits added to the hourly rate of pay, for this Casual non-benefited position.
What you'll do:
- Be a member of the Environmental Services team to assist in achieving its primary goal of maintaining the hospital and campus buildings in a clean, safe, orderly manner and providing quality laundry service.
- Perform a variety of assigned housekeeping and laundry tasks in all areas of the facility and other areas as assigned; to meet, hospital, departmental and regulatory standards.
- Perform routine housekeeping functions such as disinfecting, cleaning, wiping, mopping, dusting, emptying waste, vacuuming, etc. in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Routinely clean various areas of the facility; including Radiology, Physical Therapy, Dietary, laundry, surgical suite, patient rooms, Long Term Care Unit/resident rooms, clinics, offices, laundry rooms, restrooms/locker rooms, commons areas, etc.
What you'll need:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a diploma or high school equivalency.
- Be able to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrate the ability to lift and/or push and pull up to 45 lbs. and pass a Job Function Test.
- Perform work with attention to detail and be flexible in work assignments.
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality of employee's, patients/residents, facility records, conversations and work performed.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.