HOUSEKEEPING/ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Work Hours: casual
STARTING SALARY: $17.44 - $18.51/hr and up, depending on years of experience; PLUS shift differentials
The Environmental Services Technician works as a member of the Environmental Services team to assist in achieving its primary goal of maintaining the hospital and campus buildings in a clean, safe, orderly manner and providing quality laundry service. This position performs a variety of assigned housekeeping and laundry tasks in all areas of the facility and other areas as assigned; to meet, hospital, departmental and regulatory standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a diploma or high school equivalency.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lift and/or push and pull up to 45 lbs. and pass a Job Function Test.
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail and be flexible in work assignments.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of employee's, patients/residents, facility records, conversations and work performed.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!