HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE (REQ 3431)
Work Hours: Days
South Peninsula Hospital is looking for a great talent to join our diverse team of Human Resources professionals as the Human Resources Associate.
- Enjoy living in a small tight community – You Too, Can Call This Home https://youtu.be/QJaMSV5xl44
- Highly competitive wages and benefits:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Health and wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid leave and so much more…….
- Endless outdoor activities to enjoy:
- Countless hiking trails
- Endless camping locations with stunning views
- #1 destination for Halibut fishing
- Greet employees and visitors to the department promptly and in a courteous manner; answers incoming calls, sends and replies to emails, receives and handles faxes.
- Process new employee files, which may include scheduling assessments, proofing employment documents, performing tasks, and facilitating the hiring process.
- Perform general office duties, such as mail, copying, work orders, ordering, and catering requests.
- Manage and processes all department invoices and credit card reconciliation.
- Oversee hospital-wide orientation.
- Perform duties as student coordinator, creating strong interpersonal relationships with school staff and students, onboarding and orientation.
- Maintain compliance through Health Stream, the Background Check Unit (BCU), and employee licensure and certification tracking.
- Create department marketing materials, including flyers, brochures, and letters; maintains the bulletin board and the department webpage.
- Coordinate with the Employee Health, Education, Payroll, Security and IT departments regularly regarding employee changes and exchange of information.
- Will support and role-model South Peninsula Hospital’s values and behaviors while working as a collaborative and interdisciplinary team member providing high quality, safe, and cost-effective patient care.
- This is a confidential and a non-exempt (hourly) position under the laws of the FLSA.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate form a regionally accredited technical or higher college education in Human Resources, business or related field is preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing general office functions.
- Skilled at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from Senior Leadership, managers, applicants, employees, vendors and the general public.
- Positive interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Human Resources, Payroll and Applicant Tracking Systems is preferred.
- Excellent confidentiality skills.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) with a 28 bed long term care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. At South Peninsula Hospital, we are more than just a hospital. We are the community’s leading healthcare organization, offering not only the services expected in a small town, like primary care, home health and a nursing home, but also more advanced specialty services, like orthopedics, interventional radiology, pediatric therapy and neurology. And thanks to our outstanding staff, we are a three-time top 100 critical access hospital and score above the state and national average in the Medicare Hospital Compare patient satisfaction and quality scores and Press Ganey Employee Satisfaction Survey.
Homer, Alaska, is a small, charming seaside community nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. You’ll be impressed with the surrounding school, museums, art galleries, fine dining options and seaside accommodations. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!