HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
The HR Associate assists with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department providing administrative support to the director and works collaboratively with every member of the department. The HR Associate will process in new employees, oversee the delivery of hospital orientation, and manage the onsite student programs. The HR Associate will facilitate communications between the department and all staff, applicants, vendors, and the general public. This position works closely with Employee Health and Education.
- Greets employees and visitors to the department promptly and in a courteous manner; answers incoming calls, sends and replies to emails, receives and handles faxes.
- Processes new employees to include scheduling assessments, proofing employment documents, performing tasks, and facilitating the hiring process.
- Performs general office duties, such as mail, copying, work orders, ordering, and catering requests. Manages and processes all department invoices and credit card reconciliation.
- Oversees hospital-wide orientation.
- Performs duties as student coordinator, creating strong interpersonal relationships with school staff and students, onboarding and orientation.
- Maintain compliance through Healthstream, the Background Check Unit (BCU), and employee licensure and certification tracking.
- Creates department marketing materials, including flyers, brochures, and letters; maintains the bulletin board and the department webpage.
- Coordinate with Employee Health and Education regularly regarding employee changes and exchange of information.
- Positively represents the organization and the profession in the community and the general public.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate from a regionally accredited technical or higher college education in human resources, business or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing all general office functions.
- Skilled at an intermediate level with MS Office.
- Excellent confidentiality skills.
- Familiarity with HR, Payroll, and ATS systems preferred.
- Positive interpersonal verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from the CEO, managers, applicants, employees, vendors, and others.
South Peninsula Hospital includes a combined 22 bed acute care hospital and 28 bed long term care facility, numerous physician clinics and home health services which are located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula in South-Central Alaska. The working environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. The position requires a moderate amount of mobility. The ability to reason, speak and have basic manual dexterity is essential. There is the need to attend meetings and classes both in and outside of the hospital setting and to participate in interviews or provide training within the hospital building. Physical demands are moderate and may include sitting, standing for prolonged periods, walking, stooping and occasional lifting. Psychological demands can be very strenuous. Most work is performed inside and the work is generally of a positive nature.