Lead Mammo Tech (REQ 3475)
Work Hours: Days
This Lead Mammo Tech position is located in our Imaging Department.
This is a benefited Day Shift position, 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week).
$47.01/hr - $63.66/hr (Rate quoted is for 3-30 years of experience.)
What you'll do:
- The Lead Mammo Tech assists the Imaging Director in the day-to-day operation of the Imaging department with a special focus on the mammography unit, and functions as a member of the Imaging team to provide clinical imaging as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
The Lead Mammo Tech assists the Imaging Director with the day-to-day scheduling of work, coordination of the daily work for department staff, orientation and input for employee evaluations.
The Lead Mammo Tech may participate in interviews for the hiring of new staff.
The Lead Mammo Tech also provides direct patient care and clinical imaging radiographs, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience, under the direction of the Imaging Director, within the boundaries of local, state and federal regulations.
The Lead Mammo Tech coordinates and actively participates in the training of other Imaging Technologists, physicians and visiting health care professionals and may serve as a clinical instructor for affiliated imaging training programs and assists in training other Imaging Technologists.
This position has no supervisory duties, although the Lead Mammo Tech is called upon to assist in working with other Radiographers new to the facility. The Lead Mammo Tech conducts functional supervision; overseeing the work as opposed to the worker. The position will have the authority to assign tasks, train and direct daily workflow. This position will observe performance, giving feedback as appropriate and may arrange for further training when needed.
What you'll need:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed an AMA approved Radiologic Technologist training course. Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or be eligible for such registration.
- Must maintain registration with the ARRT on an annual basis.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the ARRT.
- Three years prior mammography experience and certification.
- Experience performing stereotactic biopsies and quality control testing. Preferred experience in preparing ACR submissions and MQSA inspections.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.