MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES (PCN 165)
Work Hours: Monday - Friday
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position will support SPH mission and vision by providing leadership for labor management and employee relations. This position will be a partnership with leadership to provide support on employee relations concerns. Conducts investigations of employee related issues and provides guidance on interpretation and application of the collective bargaining agreement. This position provides support to business units, managers and staff in the areas of performance management, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position of Manager of Human Resources is a confidential position and plays a key role in the operations of the Human Resources Division. This position is an exempt position under the laws of the FLSA.
The Manager of Human Resources does not supervise other positions.
The Manager of Human Resources is in frequent contact with leadership members, staff, union representation and legal counsel. Every effort should be made to project a professional, positive, friendly image of the facility when communicating with these contacts.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
You will be a good fit for this job if…
- You are committed to world class client service.
- You thrive as part of a high-performing team whose members have high expectations of each other and treat each other with respect and professional courtesy.
- You enjoy working for an organization that is growing and challenging the HR department daily to move the organization forward.
- You possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- You enjoy working for people that care about their employees and want to create a great workplace.
This individual should have extensive knowledge of computer software applications to include: Human Resources Information systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Publisher, Power Point). Able to operate such general office machines as a, personal computer, adding machine by touch, FAX and photocopier. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, data entry and proofing materials; establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in business or related area
- Three years human resource generalist experience required
- Previous Union negotiation and collective bargaining experience required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred - PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP
- Advises supervisors/managers in the development, interpretation and administration of department and Hospital personnel policies, procedures, practices and the collective bargaining agreements.
- Serve as a proactive change agent who will act as a consultant and coach for both employees and managers in areas of employee relations
- Participates in formal complaint/grievance hearings and assists in preparing Hospital's oral and written response.
- Assists in preparation for arbitration and other third party hearings, and may sit as Hospital Representative.
- Participates in preparation for collective bargaining agreement negotiations by analyzing impacts of proposed language changes, gathering and analyzing data pertaining to labor market conditions, benefits and compensation trends prevailing union and management practices, etc.
- Provides input regarding development of training programs related to key functions of Human Resources and specifically employee and labor relations' policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage Exit Interview Process for all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.