MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Family Care Clinic (REQ 3386)
Work Hours: 8:00-6:30
This Medical Assistant position is located at the Family Care Clinic, one of our outpatient clinics.
*** No experience? We can provide you with free on-the-job training to become a Medical Assistant! ***
This is a full-time benefited position, 40 hours per week, day shift, weekdays, 10 hour shift
Without Medical Assistant Certification: $22.86 - $29.31/hr and up (Rate is for 0-20 years of experience. Rate is higher with more years of experience.)
With Medical Assistant Certification: $24.51 - $31.42/hr and up (Rate is for 0-20 years of experience. Rate is higher with more years of experience.)
What you'll do:
- Provide initial patient triage and registration
- Assist with coordination of care,
- Administrative services,
- Assist providers, nurses and other support staff with direct patient care,
- Performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol or as directed by a provider.
What you'll need:
- Be at least 18 years of age and be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of clinical practices and procedures and clinical competencies, or willingness to be trained
- Minimum of 1 year of office/clerical experience
- Preferred, but not required: Prior or current CNA and/or EMT-1, Health Care Specialist, or Medical Assistant
- One to two years of previous hospital experience is desired, but not required
- Possess a working knowledge and use of medical terminology, or willingness to be trained
- Have knowledge of medical records/health information management requirements, or willingness to be trained
- Requires receptionist skills, including the ability to be courteous and tactful with patients, their families, and facility personnel in person, by phone, and EMR messaging system (we can train you on the EMR system).
- Must have good communication skills; understand chart flow, record keeping, order entry and scheduling.
- Have a working knowledge and experience with computer applications,
- Be detail orientated, and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated use of clerical software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel are necessary qualifications for this position. The ability to type, edit, and proofread work are essential skills for this position.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must stay current in BLS training (We can provide you with free on-site BLS training)
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.