MEDICAL ASSISTANT - HMC (REQ 3004)
Work Hours: Variable
$22.86 – $25.75/hr and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-8 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights and weekends)
Under general supervision in an outpatient clinical setting, provides initial patient triage, assists with coordination of care, administrative services, assists providers, nurses and other support staff with direct patient care, and performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol or as directed by a provider.
This position falls under the jurisdiction of the Nurse Manager, however all patient care tasks are under the direction of the Provider.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent.
- This position requires knowledge of clinical practices and procedures and clinical competencies.
- A prior or current CNA and/or EMT-1, Health Care Specialist, or Medical Assistant certification is required, OR one to two years of previous hospital or clinic experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Possess a working knowledge and use of medical terminology. Have knowledge of medical records/health information management requirements.
- This position requires receptionist skills, including the ability to deal courteously and tactfully with patients, their families, and facility personnel in person, by phone, and EMR messaging system.
- Must possess good communication skills; understand chart flow, record keeping, order entry and scheduling.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- And must stay current in BLS training.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula.
We offer excellent benefits (except not for Casual positions) including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!