MEDICAL CLINIC PRACTICE MANAGER (REQ 3154)
Work Hours: Monday - Friday
This position is part of a team-based approach to providing patient-centered care. The purpose is to manage and supervise the operational and administrative functions, activities, and operations of Homer Medical Center, Serene Waters Behavioral Health, and the Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Midwifery clinic, under the direction of South Peninsula Hospital (SPH). Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the operations of these medical clinics to include: supervising staff, monitoring delivery of patient care services, acting as liaison for patients concerns, businesses, and other hospital department managers, and collaborating with clinic physicians, Assistant RN Clinic Manager, billing/coding staff, registration and the MA supervisor. Foster a team atmosphere, and guide staff through change management and quality improvement initiatives for the delivery of high quality patient care. Implement processes and standards that lead to high patient satisfaction, efficient operations, and quality patient care.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Medical Clinic Practice Manager position involves supervisory, operational, financial and administrative responsibility for patient care services provided by the medical clinic’s staff. The Medical Clinic Practice Manager is under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is required with five years of job related experience, including five years of supervisory experience.
- In lieu of a degree, must have ten years of relevant work experience with five years in a supervisory position.
- Certified Medical Practice Manager, FACMPE, ACMPE or willingness to become certified in Practice Management through MGMA or another approved body within one year of accepting the position.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions related to patient care, clinic flow, and patient satisfaction.
- Knowledge of governmental and compliance regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English; follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must have strong communication and listening skills.
- Must have strong organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to determine appropriate priorities.
- Must be able to perform work with attention to detail, be flexible in work assignment and work competently in stressful situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, build consensus, make sound judgments and gain the trust and endorsement of leaders, peers, and staff.
Homer Medical Center, Serene Waters, and SPH Obstetrics, Gynecology, & Midwifery are owned and operated by South Peninsula Hospital, a combined 22 bed critical access hospital and 28 bed long term care facility. Specialty medicine, general surgery, orthopedics, and family practice clinics are part of the outpatient service lines operated by the Hospital which is located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The medical clinics managed by this position accommodate outpatient provider services, provide reception, registration, pre-authorization, collections, and receipting functions for Homer Medical Center, Serene Waters, and SPH Obstetrics, Gynecology, & Midwifery. The position requires a moderate amount of mobility. The ability to reason, speak and have basic manual dexterity is essential. Physical demands are moderate and may include sitting, standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walking, stooping and occasional lifting. Emotional intelligence demands of the position are high. Most work is performed indoors, however the clinics overseen by this position are in different locations. Working hours are generally 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, depending on clinic needs.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1735