MRI/RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (PCN 231)
Work Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am-6:30pm
Functions as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide clinical MRI examinations and clinical diagnostic radiology examinations as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an accredited program in radiologic technology. Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and must maintain registration with the ARRT on an annual basis. Must be ARRT certified in the specialty of MRI or registry eligible. Must have two years current experience in the area of MRI.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the ARRT.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 pounds or 25% of own body weight, whichever is less, without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed acute care hospital and 28 bed Long Term Care Facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting, and the ability to lift large loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls, and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work.