OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - HOME HEALTH (PCN836)
Work Hours: Variable
An Occupational Therapist (OT) administers occupational therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Home Health.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides primary patient/client care and supervision for other care providers as outlined in this position description. Standards for occupational therapy practice have been established by the Alaska State Board of Occupational Licensing, state statute, and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). The OT provides care to clients of SPH in accordance with established practice standards and state and federal regulations. The OT evaluates clients and develops an individualized plan of care.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and/or certified by successfully completing the National Certification examination; AND
- Is eligible to take or has successfully completed the entry level certification examination for the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Currently licensed in Alaska.
- Two (2) years of experience, preferred.
- Speaking, listening, and basic writing skills are required to communicate with others and to document care given.
- The OT must possess, and maintain, a current Basic Life Support Certification.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!