OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (REQ 3384)
Work Hours: 8 or 10 hour shifts
**RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION** For more information about the package, or the position, please call Tara in Human Resources at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Occupational Therapist position is located in our Rehabilitation Department.
This is a full-time 40 hour per week, benefited Monday through Friday position. Eight or ten hour days are an option.
Occupational Therapist 1: $45.36 – $64.24/hr and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-30 years of experience). Rate of pay is higher for an OT who has 5+ years of experience and certified in one specialty ($46.38 - $65.68/hr), or 10+ years of experience with certification in two specialties ($47.40 - $67.13).
Plus shift differentials where applicable.
What you'll do:
Practice Occupational Therapy consistent with the American Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
To provide high quality occupational therapy services to a wide variety of clients in an efficient, professional manner.
- To maintain clinical expertise while practicing in a small department in a rural community.
- Occupational therapy program development.
Maintain a treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the facility.
Responsibility for the evaluation and treatment of hand and UE injuries, including splint fabrication, wound care, post op hand surgery, post hand trauma care, etc. as well as seeing patients in Acute Care, Long Term Care, and outpatient settings for a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions
Interact daily with the public, other employees, patients and families, and physicians. A professional demeanor is required at all times.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from a university accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association,
- License to practice occupational therapy in the state of Alaska, or the ability to acquire same in an appropriate time frame.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Three or more years of experience in occupational therapy are preferred in a variety of clinical setting.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.