ORTHOPEDIC NURSE PRACTITIONER (PCN 136)
Work Hours: Days
South Peninsula Hospital in Homer, Alaska is looking to add an experienced Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner to the team of exceptional care providers at our Orthopedic Clinic.
Delivery of age-specific, direct patient care. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides nursing care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process and within the framework of standards for nursing practice as established by the Alaska State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Credentialing Center Board. The Nurse Practitioner assumes leadership responsibilities, which include delegation of work to other levels of employees.
The NP is accountable for the delivery of quality care to patients and families, according to the individualized needs of the patient and following the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. The NP is responsible for the assessment, treatment, and care for patients of all ages including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric, as applicable. The NP must be competent to access and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process. The NP accepts and promotes professional development as an integral part of nursing practice. The position coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship. The NP performs all duties in a manner that supports the team concept, collaborative caring and reflects the philosophy of the Orthopedic Services Department and the mission of South Peninsula Hospital. The NP is responsible to the Clinic Physician for patient care issues, including bedside manner, patient education and professionalism and coordinates in a team work process with the Clinic Manager on administrative issues.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Education:Graduate of an accredited / approved School of Nursing.
- Licensure / Certification: Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Alaska.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS).
- English Language: Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly
- Will be required to do on-the-job training at an off-site orthopedic clinic at the discretion of the Orthopedic Physician.
- Will be required to do attend a training course to become a 1st Surgical Assistant at the discretion of the Orthopedic Physician and at the cost of the employer.
- Other qualifications: Schedule varies to meet department needs. Ability/willingness to be on call, as required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health care team members effectively.
- This individual must have a working knowledge and experience with computer applications. Demonstrated use of clerical software programs, including but not limited to MS WORD and Excel are necessary qualifications for this position. The ability to type, edit, and proofread work are essential skills for this position.